What are cookies?
- A cookie is a small data file that is placed on your computer or other device to allow a website to recognise you as a user when you return to the website using the same computer and web browser, either for the duration of your visit (using a ‘session cookie’) or for repeat visits (a ‘persistent cookie’). Other similar files work in the same way and we use the word ‘cookie’ in this policy to refer to all files that collect information in this way.
- Please note that some cookies used on our site may be set by third-parties, e.g. google analytics. The cookies used on our website have been categorised based on information provided by the International Chamber of Commerce UK Cookie Guide.
- Session Cookies – These types of cookies are created temporarily, allowing us to link to your actions during a browser session. A browser session starts when you open your browser window and ends when you close it.
- Persistent Cookies – These types of cookies remain on your device for a specified period of time, becoming active each time you visit our Sites.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies – These cookies are essential for using our site enabling the services that you have specifically requested when consenting to using our Sites. These cookies will be used for basic functions such as remembering your previous actions when navigating our Sites during a single session.
- Analytical Cookies– These cookies collect aggregated information about how our visitors use our website. This enables us to improve the functionality of our site and monitor its efficiency.
- Functionality Cookies – These cookies allow us to remember your preferences to provide a more personal browsing experience. These cookies may also be used to deliver specific website functions. By using our site, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
How to control and delete cookies
- You may wish to visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer, as well as more general information about cookies. Please note that, as these websites are not owned or operated by us, we are not responsible for any of the content on them.
- Please be aware that restricting cookies may mean that you will not be able to take full advantage of all the features or services available on this site.
Main cookies used on our site
These cookies are needed for our website to function providing payment gateway security and other essentials.
|Session Cookie||wp_session||This cookie is essential for the site to:
remember who you are currently signed in as;
store preferences about your visit, such as the country you’re visiting from; and
display notifications confirming actions you perform on the site. This cookie expires at the end of your browsing session. It is not possible to opt out of this cookie as it is strictly necessary for basic features of the site to function properly.
Marketing cookies help us target our ads better. We mainly use them to target ads to users who have visited the site. We describe them in more detail below.
|PHP / ExpressionEngine||PHPSESSID, exp_last_activity, exp_last_visit, exp_tracker||Essential – These cookies are used by the scripting language ‘PHP’ and our website Content Management System (ExpressionEngine) to track your session state anonymously. The exp_last_activity and exp_last_visit cookies have a lifetime of 1 year and the exp_tracker and PHPSESSID cookies expire when you close your browser window.|
How to manage Cookies
The web browser you use may allow you to change your cookie preferences, including to delete and disable cookies. For more information please consult the help section of your chosen web browser(s) or follow the links below to understand your options, but please note that if you choose to disable the cookies, some features of our website may not operate as intended.
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/windows?os=windows-10
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/products/firefox/cookies
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/
- Some of the emails we send to you may contain a ‘web beacon pixel’ or tracked links which allows us to identify when you have opened the email and to verify which links contained in the email you have accessed. We use this information to determine which parts of our emails are of most interest to you.
- You can delete the pixel by deleting the email. If you do not wish to download the pixel to your computer or other device, you can ensure this by selecting to receive emails from us in plain text rather than HTML.
- Alternatively, you can unsubscribe from our mailing list by contacting us at email@example.com
- If you have any questions or concerns about cookies or your privacy when using this site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org